Saturday, August 1, 2015

(Day 19) Alexanderplatz

It's official we have two days left in Europe and before I leave berlin I had to go shopping. Today 2 of my classmates and I went shopping in Alexanderplatz at a store that is like H&M on steroids. We all found some great clothes at great prices and even have a chance to have a bratwurst from a guy who had his grill attached to him like a backpack. After we finished shopping we headed back to the hostel and from there I headed back out to try and get more interviews for my research. There was one store from yesterday that told me the manager ould be in today and to come back, when I arrived I was happy to see that he was actually in and he was more than happy to answer my questions. Once the interview was over he gave me a small gift from the store and even helped me find some great nightlife activities. I also got two more interviews from two great shops that we similar yet different in many ways. All three interviews from today were great and I learned a lot from them and it even helped inspire me to follow my dreams to start a clothing line one day. Later that night some peers and I decided to experience Berlin's nightlife and it was definitely a great time and a great way to spend one of our last night in Europe.