Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day 21 (THE Last Day)-Berlin 8/1/15

Well, well, well. I must say that it has been a journey for the books! Today was the very last day of Great European Capitals experience! To top it off, some friends and I took a trip to what is said to be the largest zoo in the world. Walked around for hours looking at all of the exotic creatures. My favorites were the giraffes. They just have such a beautiful pattern, and they walk so elegantly.
            After the zoo, I took a long nap, so that I would be able to stay up through the night. We have to leave the hostile at 4am! I’m all packed and ready though, and I’m just going to throw on my plane ride clothes for the rest of the night. When I woke up, I had dinner at the restaurant down the road called Bombay. Sadly, I have run out of Euros! Luckily, a nice friend was willing to pay for dinner tonightJ I guess running out of money on the very last day isn’t half bad.
      
      All in all, I am extremely happy that I took this opportunity. A year ago, I would have never even imagined going out of the country. Now that I have, I can appreciate the many privileges and luxuries that I have living in the U.S, and also the privileges and lifestyles of those way on the other side of the world! I have met some of the most amazing people, and I know that we will continue to be friends when we get back to good ole Tennessee! I believe that traveling abroad is a great way increase your life. You are forced to strengthen your communication skills, you learn how to accept and respect the morals and values of those that may not be similar to you, and you learn the importance of expansion rather than confinement. If we continue to be confined to only the lifestyle and culture that we are used to, we will never really know how amazing and beautiful life on Earth truly is.

            It’s been real EU! Now its time for this American girl to get back home and get back to business. Thank you TNCIS, Dr. V, all of the professors, students, company employees, and God for making this experience more than I could ever ask for!