Thursday, June 27, 2019

Day 1



Today was our first official day in Berlin! I didn’t sleep great in the hostel because of the inescapable heat and we didn’t do much walking during the day because of it. We did walk to the nearest drug store called DM and grocery store called Rewe where I accidentally purchased sparkling water instead of still water 🙄. We were able to visit the DDR museum it showed the way of life in east Berlin and also talked about World War II, education, the scarcity of goods, and fashion during that time. This is my first hostel experience and I am very pleased, they conserve water and energy by having dim and motion sensor lights in the hall. The water in the shower runs about 30 seconds until you press the knob and it comes back on, initially i thought it was weird but I believe it’s very innovative and eco friendly.