Thursday, June 27, 2019

Getting Lost...

So far, staying in the hostel hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. The food, especially the breakfast, has taken some getting used to. On the other hand, the fact that they do not put ice in their drinks is something I don’t think I’ll ever get used to. Drinking warm apple juice with my breakfast is a weird sensation. Besides all that, I am enjoying my time in Berlin.

The temperature dropped greatly today so we were able to go out into the city today. After breakfast, Dr. V took us to Potsdamer Platz where we got to see pieces of the Berlin Wall. We also visited the Mall of Berlin and it was huge! I think it was the biggest mall I’ve ever been to. There were so many stores, we couldn’t get to most of them but the few stores we did go in we’re having nice sales and I was able to get a few nice things. For lunch we decided to eat McDonald’s to see if the menu was any different than the American one and sadly there were a few differences but not many.

After leaving the mall, we got on the train to go to a different part of town just to look around and go to a few shops. When it was time to return to the hostel, we ran into a little issue. We put the wrong address into the gps and got on the wrong train. After getting off and waking for a few minutes, we realized we were going the wrong way. But once we were able to get the correct address, we decided to just walk back to the hostel instead of getting on another train and possibly getting more lost. Eventually we were able to get back to the hostel. Although we did get a little lost and had to do some extra walking, I enjoyed being able to see the different parts of Berlin. I wish I was able to go and experience some more of this beautiful city but we still have a few more days here so hopefully I’ll be able to see everything I want.