Sunday, June 17, 2018

Day 13 - Swedish Meatballs (JR)

On Sunday, Chloe came with me to my last interview, we had the best ice cream in Sweden, and ended our last night with Swedish meatballs, potatoes, and lingonberry jam!



Sunday was a pretty chill day like Saturday. I stayed in the room up until it was time to leave for my last interview. We met up with Dr. V at 4:30 and he walked us to the station. At my interview, I was able to learn about a Brazilian dance, Forro, and how this organization used this fun dance to help immigrants integrate into the Stockholm community by being able to meet new friends and others who have gone through the same difficult process. Muss is one of the cofounders; he migrated to Sweden from Libya. 


Muss



After we left the interview, we headed towards Old Town. Chloe looked up an ice cream parlor that coined the title as the best ice cream in Stockholm. Because the ice cream parlor closed earlier than most restaurants in the area, we went there first. 


Of course, I got cookies and cream but it was my first time in Europe getting a waffle cone. I loved the ice cream! After the ice cream, we went to a famous restaurant known for their Swedish meatballs. 


     We were greeted with by the suit pictured above and a basket filled with different types of bread. It did not take long for us to receive our food. The meatballs were really good! After dinner, we walked around a bit and visited a few stores. When we finished, we rode the metro back to the hostel and packed to be ready for our journey to Copenhagen.
Last picture in Stockholm