Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day 9 - Vasamuseet (JR)

      Good Evening, it is currently 5:58pm! Yes, you read that correctly 5:58pm which means that I am writing my blog super early today. Today, I had my first interview in Stockholm and then the group explored the island of  Djurgarden where the Vasa war ship resides inside of the Vasamuseet. It is the most popular tourist attraction in all of Scandinavia.


Vasa Ship

5:31 am I woke up and realized what time it was and quickly went back to sleep. 

7:30 am I got up to get ready for breakfast. The girls and I decided to go at 8:15. I had two rolls and a piece of ham. 

9:12 am I came back to the room and went back to sleep because I had some time before my interview. 

11:45 am I got up to get ready for my interview at 1pm. I always meet my instructor thirty minutes before leaving to go over directions to my location.

12:45 pm  Chloe and I left the hostel to head to the hospital for my interview. I met with a nurse and the coordinator of the PAM, Psychiatric Acute Mobility ambulance. This ambulance is one of the first of its kind in the world as it is strictly for mental illness crises and debuted in 2015. I talked to Nurse Karlsson for about twenty minutes and headed back towards the hostel to meet the group to walk to the museum. Walking back, I stopped at the gas station and got a calzone. 

Nurse Karlsson

2:00 pm
We left the hostel and headed towards the museum. The walk took about forty-five minutes.



3:00 pm I went on a guided walking tour that lasted twenty-five minutes. After the tour, Chloe and I just walked around each floor to learn more about the ship. I learned that ninety-eight percent of the boat is original and it only sailed for about thirty minutes before sinking. It took 333
years for it to be saved. We walked around the museum for about two hours and got ice cream after leaving. It took about thirty-five minutes to walk back to the hostel. Now, I am really tired and will probably go get something to eat from the cafe downstairs in a little while after I take a nap.