Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Day 16 - Churros and Soft Ice (JR)

On Wednesday, I had an interview, bought my concert tickets, and rested for the remainder of the day. On the way back from my interview, I happened upon a churro dessert stand -- my churros and soft ice were amazing!


Churros and Soft Ice


     I left the hostel at 10:00 am to head to my interview with Ms. Julia who helps run a non-profit cafe, Sweet Surrender. It took about an hour to get to the cafe because I had to take a tram and then walk for some time. Sweet Surrender uses their proceeds to donate to other organizations in the community. They had a wall full of certificates displaying where their proceeds have been used over the years. Ms. Julia was super sweet as well as the other volunteers in the cafe. It was awesome to see the volunteer based cafe was a way for immigrants to get acclimated to Danish life and work culture.




     After I left my interview, I headed back towards the hostel. I happened upon a churro dessert stand and ordered churros and soft ice. Later on, I bought concert tickets for Saturday night. The artists will be revealed on my Saturday blog. :)  For the rest of the night I relaxed in the room with the girls.