Saturday, June 23, 2018

Day 19 - On the Run... (JR)

    Today, I started my morning by going to my last interview. After the interview, I came back to the hostel to meet Ev so that we could go to the mall, where we had lunch and I did a little shopping. We ended our last night in Copenhagen with a bang, and we attended the On The Run Tour II. We spent our night with Jay-Z and Beyonce; the concert was AMAZING! 

     I got up at 8:30am so that I could chill before getting ready for my 10:00am interview. This interview was a bit different because I actually got to sit in on the Toastmasters Copenhagen meeting. I arrived at 10:30am and they were on break which was a nice time for me to slide in.  I was able to participate in some of the speaking activities and see how the meetings run. It is an U.S. based organization that I had never heard of, but it was cool to see how they honed in on public speaking and leadership skills through different exercises.



    After the meetings, the group goes downstairs to the cafe for coffee and fellowship. At this time, I was able to ask Bek some questions about the organization as a whole and about their specific group.


Bek

After I left, I went back to the hostel to  meet Ev so we could go to the mall. The mall was about fifteen to twenty minutes away. The mall was huge and had so many stores and restaurants. We were in the mall for a couple of hours. We ate lunch first and then I looked for an outfit for the concert. Many of the restaurants were sit-down besides McDonalds in the mall so we were at the restaurant for an hour. I ordered fish and chips. It was not what I expected, but it was good.


     After we left the mall, we went back to the hostel to get ready. It took about an hour and then we left for the bus station. At the bus station, there were a few people that were headed to the concert. When the bus pulled up, it was a full on concert bus. There was almost no room for anyone else to get on the bus. We were able to get on the bus and after one mere stop, there was no more room or air on the bus. 

     There was somebody in every crevice on the bus. People were standing, squatting, leaning, drinking amongst other things. As we passed other stops, there were hundreds of people waiting; the bus driver could not stop because no more people could fit on the bus. People were banging on the bus if someone had to get off at a certain stop. Others were waving and running after the bus. It was absolutely chaotic. Beyonce makes the Danes go crazy! 

     Once we arrived to the stop, the walk to the stadium was five minutes. At the entrance of the concert, there were sooooo many people outside drinking and smoking. It was fifteen minutes before the concert started and many were still outside of the venue. After we went to our seats, at seven, we realized the seats were still pretty empty. The concert did not start until 8:45. The Danes must know the deal because everyone started filing in between 8:25-8:30pm. The concert was amazing and ended around 11:00pm!







     After the concert, everyone was drunk and all over the place. Ev and I went to the two near bus stops that would get us back to the hostel. There were at least two hundred and fifty people at the stops already. It was insane and people were pushing other people and dancing everywhere. We realized that we were not going to get back until 2. The walk was an hour back to the hostel and the sandals I had on were not conducive for an hour walk. There were some bike carriages riding around and after walking for fifteen minutes through the big groups, we flagged one down. 

     Our biker was super fast and strong because I know I am heavy (lol). It was so much fun and made our night even more memorable. He took a way through a shopping area closer to our hostel so we just asked him to stop there so we could find some food. many shop sand restaurants open. We ended going to a kabob place that was playing Beyonce music and it was really good.




     We walked back to the hostel and told the other girls about the concert while we finished packing. Packing gave us a chance to let our food digest and gave us some extra sleep time because we were going to bed pretty late. It would also save us from having to wake up extra early in the morning. I took a shower and got in bed around 2:30 am.

This night was one for the books!!! Good Night!