Sunday, June 24, 2018

Day 20 - The Little Mermaid (JR)

Good Afternoon, it is currently 3:38 pm and I am on my way to Berlin, Germany. We have been on the bus for an hour and thirty minutes, but we still have six hours and thirty minutes to go :) . This morning three of us said goodbye to the other six in our group before they headed to the airport to head back to Nashville. After they left, I had three hours to spare before going to the bus stop; I went to the Little Mermaid with Jarrin. 


The Little Mermaid 
     I woke up at 8:30 to have enough time to pack up my last few items and have time to go to the souvenir shop before the group meeting at 10:00 am. I left a little later than I wanted to heading to the souvenir shop, but I walked quickly (lol). I arrived back at the hostel around 10:04am after running back to make sure that I was not too late to the group meeting. At the meeting, we were supposed to bring our luggage down so I headed to the elevators. They were taking so long because everyone was trying to use them. After about five minutes, the other girls got off of the elevator that I was waiting on and MaryEllen had my luggage (thanks girl!).

     After getting my things, Dr. V told me that I had three more hours in the city to explore. Ummm..for real? I could not even respond because I was out of breath. I was on the run last night so I was not planning to run today but I guess I got my workout in for the day. After I said goodbye to the girls, I decided to walk with Jarrin to The Little Mermaid. Well, my run had nothing on that hour walk to the statue and the forty-five minute walk back. Side note: Yes, she was very little.

      Once we went back to the hostel to rest for a minute, we decided to walk to 7-11 for a snack as I did not want to walk any further than I had to. We got back to the hostel around 12:50pm and Dr. V was in the cafe area. We were going to get our luggage at 1:00pm and then head to the bus station. We left for the bus station at 1:20 and arrived at about 1:35. The bus came at 2:10 and pulled off at 2:15. During the bus ride, we saw the countryside of Denmark. 

     After about two hours on the bus, we arrived at the ferry station. On bus drove onto the ferry and we chilled on the boat for two hours. Dr. V told us not to eat anything before we left because he was treating us on the ferry to a buffet. The buffet was delicious. There were different types of fish, potatoes, other meats, fruits, and HOT WINGS.  Let me tell you.. the hot wings were amazing! Yes, the German Chef threw down on the hot wings. I have not had wings since being in Europe, but I was not going to pass on them when they presented themselves.  For dessert, they had a soft serve ice cream machine and they even had water bottles. I was set for the rest of my journey to Berlin because I pretty much slept the rest of the trip once we got back on the bus (lol).

Driving on ferry

     When we reached Germany and the port, we got back on the bus for two more hours to Berlin. We got off of the bus and it was chilly and sprinkling. Berlin was supposed to come through with the hot weather, but no, I was cold and tired. Anyways, we started walking towards the metro station and when we arrived, I realized there were no escalators -- only stairs. Here we go again with the workouts, I guess Berlin knew that I skipped all of my arm days while being on this trip so it was trying to help me out (not needed). 

Welcome to Berlin!

     I lost track of how long it took us to get here, but all I know is when I got to the hostel after about an hour -- I fell asleep.