Saturday, July 21, 2018

Day 11: The Busy Dam Square

Day 11: The Busy Dam Square

On the eleventh day I did the walking tour that I missed earlier. I was a wonderful day and the guide showed us the thin house of Amsterdam, the tall house, the royal palace, dam square etc some places. After the walking tour I roamed around a bit all by myself. I walked through the busy marketplace close to the royal palace. I discovered some fancy souvenir stores.


In the Netherlands, many things are legal that are very different in other countries. One can get weed very easily at stores close by. Fascinating fact is even though several stuffs are legal here in the Netherlands the people are very peaceful. It was a very safe city just like Berlin. Most of the time, I roamed alone on my Europe trip. I undoubtedly can assure that Amsterdam was so safe that I would rate it better than the USA’s road.

That day I almost roamed through the red light district, the close marketplaces over there and the albert cuyp market. I also went through the Amsterdam museum which was basically a pathway designed with all the historical stuffs. I’ve always loved architectural structures. Over there I saw the miniature version of houses in Amsterdam. At the end of the free Museum I saw a huge giant named Goliath.

While I was coming back I decided I would take the tram that I hated in the first day. I asked some people which tram will go to Leidseplein and people here helped me right away. Also the conductor at the tram helped me too. It was pretty easy to me after that day. And my opinion changed for trams of Amsterdam. It is cheap and will drop you fast super close to the place you want to go.