Saturday, July 21, 2018

Day 15: Top of the world!


Day 15: Top of the world!

I started walking after taking breakfast that I bought from Franprix. You can say it as mini version of Kroger. It got almost everything but the main problem was I couldn’t read what was written on it. In France the biggest problem I faced in the beginning was the language because everything was written in French. First days in Germany went the same for me but I could guess what was written but with France I couldn’t get a hint even what was written. So I picked foods by seeing the pictures.
So after breakfast I started to explore by myself. First I started walking. Took my train pass and directly went to Rue de Rivoli. It was a bit confusing when I first use the train all by myself but I made it to the end and reached the destination. As I was walking I saw some souvenir stores and bought Eiffel tower souvenirs. I started walking towards the museum Louvre. My offline map was showing the Louvre Pyramid is close but for a while I couldn’t find where it was. Then finally I discovered the beautiful pyramids. 


It was wonderful just to sit and stare at the view of Louvre. As Paris is the city of love I saw couples taking pictures here and there. Some requested me to take a picture of them too. It was sweet seeing them. After I passed Louvre Pyramids I got to see the Carrousel de Louvre gate. From there the Paris city and the Louvre Museum and pyramids looked magical.



I saw a Ferris wheel when I was standing at the Louvre premises. I started walking towards that without giving any thought. I discovered that I was at the Jardines de Tuileries area. There was a carnival going on. I bought the ticket and got on the Ferris wheel. It was an experience that I would never be able to explain in words. From the top I saw the whole Paris city and I was overwhelmed with so much joy. I saw all the monuments as well as the Eiffel Tower. I’ve taken few pictures of the Jardines Park as I was literally swallowed by the beauty of Paris.