Sunday, July 22, 2018

Day 19: Palace of Versailles

Day 19: Palace of Versailles.

On the last day of Paris we had two options to choose from the Disneyland or the Versailles Palace. I chose Versailles palace because I don’t know when again I am going to come back in Paris to witness the heritage of Versailles.

I bought the ticket online a day before the visit. When I went there I had to pass through the long line. It was a hot day but finally I got into the palace. The Versailles Palace was created under the ruling of King Louis IV. It is a little far from the main city Paris. If someone wants to know how the royals used to live their lives I would definitely recommend this palace. Every space of the palace was created with care and a lot of hard-work of the working people which was very prominent when I took a glance. Starting from the entrance door looked like it was gilded with gold then through the audio guide I got to know everything was made with bronze.

Panorama view of the entrance: Palace of Versailles

One by one I was passing the rooms. I saw the hall of mirrors where thousands of mirrors covered a huge place, with lavish chandeliers, and mesmerizing artwork at the ceilings which we would call the ballroom at present days. The king’s room, princesses’ room, all was gilded with bronze. There was a room with a huge gilded clock, a lavish bed, furniture and some sitting spaces. Through the audio guide I got to know that was the meeting room of the king but not a bedroom. King Louis IV took all the decisions here until his death. There were so many rooms with so many stories. But I would definitely like to mention about the library where the Queen and others used to spend times. Also the artwork in the ceiling at one of the King’s room got 300+ characters which left me speechless to see how patient the artist was.

The Hall of Mirrors

After the palace I bought the ticket which was 8€(after showing my student's ID) to enter the royal garden to see the fountain dance. The garden got so many roads just like a huge maze. The fountains were so beautiful. One was like beautiful than the other that I couldn’t select which one was the best. But thing for sure the royals made sure to show their lavishness and power at every corner of the palace.

Garden of Versailles