Sunday, July 22, 2018

Day 17: Bonjour, Saint Germain l’Auxerrois Church

Day 17: Bonjour

Day 17th in the morning I googled where can I go to see something antique and different. I couldn’t decide so took the pass for the underground train  and headed towards a church named Saint Germain l’Auxerrois Church. I reached the close station and walked there.

I passed through an antique building but didn’t know the name of it. But it was pretty. Then I read and gathered a bit of information about it. So since the PLM law of 1982, the twenty communes that divide the city of Paris each have a borough mayor, in addition to the mayor of the municipality of Paris mairie d'arrondissement. So it was related to the city development works. After I passed that I finally discovered the beautiful Saint Germain l’Auxerrois Church. The glass painted windows, the unique designs, history wrapped up with every aisle, walls, specially the interior design was so wonderful. The rituals they followed, the story of Jesus etc was highlighting every corner of the church. I literally was starring at the beautiful creation for a long time and did nothing. The hardwork who designed this church and the people who built this church gave their full concentration and crafted this place with affection it was prominently visible. I stayed there for a while and roamed around the whole church.


Then I walked a bit more passed the Louvre Museum but didn’t meet Monalisa this time. I hope someday I will comeback again and see her. With that hope I moved forward to explore more. I passed the lovers bridge over river seine. People were playing the authentic music that I’ve always heard whenever I watched Paris in the movies. This time it was reaching to my ears directly and it was wonderful. From the bridge I saw the institute of France. At first it looked like an antique palace or court house to me but after learning I got to know about the institute of Paris.



The Institut de France is a French learned society, grouping five academies, the most famous of which is the Académie francaise. The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations.