Saturday, July 21, 2018

Day 8: Unicorn and mermaid!

Day 8: Unicorn and mermaid!

After the journey yesterday from Berlin to Amsterdam was pretty tiring. But I woke up early to check out the breakfast menu of Stay Okay. As I mentioned earlier that the lounge was pretty amazing I found myself a favorite spot. It was the green room at the center cover with big windows and little green trees. I loved sitting there, having breakfast.

After the breakfast I met DrV to know about my schedule of the day. He advised me to join the walking tour at 1pm with the group. I was so tired and my ankle was hurting so I skipped the walking tour but in the afternoon I took my backpack downloaded the offline map of Amsterdam and started walking. I discovered some good places and took note for my research and collected data for a while. After passing the train station and tram lines I discovered myself at a shopping and food place. They had so many different kinds of stuffs there. Loved the gelato of the candy place Jamin, also they have two famous flavors named unicorn and mermaid!


The dinner was at 6 o’clock at the stay okay hostel. So I came back and ate dinner. Their dinner was pretty good I must say. So after dinner I had some time left so I started exploring the park close by named VondelPark. It was a huge park and it was tough to walk the whole park in forty minutes and come back. Still I walked a little and the beautiful view, the happy people not using their phones but enjoying the weather cheered me up too. The beautiful benches, fountain, different types of birds left me speechless.