Thursday, August 2, 2012

Friday June 22nd: Last day in Amsterdam, Last day of the trip, and On to the Next Adventure!

Vincent Van Gogh is my homeboy!
Well here we are, the last day in Amsterdam. Today is our museum pass day and unlike everyone else I am not going to try and rush around and squeeze it all in. I'm looking forward to a casual start and the Van Gogh museum for as long as it takes. I really enjoy his work and seeing the exhibit in Paris made me anxious for this day. I spent several hours in the Van Gogh museum and took my time enjoying each painting. I don't know what it is about his work but I really enjoy it.
After I left the Van Gogh museum I picked up a sandwich and a drink and headed over to Vondelpark to take advantage of a nice break in the weather. After lunch I am headed into downtown Amsterdam to take advantage of my last day to take pictures and wander the streets. I'm hoping to meet up with some friends from the group and make Friday night plans with them.

As we wind down on this last day I am looking forward to going out one last time before leaving Europe. I have so many more adventures planned for this summer but this has been a great experience and I'm sorry to see it come to an end.