Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday June 21st: Last Day of Class, Family dinner, and a Canal Tour.

Good Morning from Vondelpark Amsterdam.
It's the last day of class and everyone seems excited. When I got in last night everyone was tucked in front of their computers finishing up work and studying for exams. For me, most of my work lies ahead of me and I have a lot of writing to do. I've used this time to take pictures and enjoy some time alone wandering through the city. My morning was taken up by breakfast in Vondelpark and then a long walk around the whole city. With tomorrow being the last day I am trying to savor every moment I have today.
Several of us have eaten dinner together every night in Amsterdam and started to refer to it as family dinner. It's been nice to talk about the trip with the group and we have had a lot of laughs. We have decided to go out as a group after the canal tour and extend family dinner into the late hours of the night. The weather hasn't been great today however and we are expecting some rain during the canal tour.
It's been a while since the whole group of students has been together for one activity and other than the airport, this canal tour will probably be the last time we are all together. Seeing the city from the perspective of the canals is really cool and we got to hear about a lot of history from our captain. Although the weather wasn't the best it was still very cool. The family is on our way out for the second to last night in Amsterdam and I'm not ready for this to be over.