Friday, August 3, 2012

June 15 2012


Today was the last full day in Brussels and I wanted to get in some last minute sight seeing with my city pass. I got off to a late start after a late night and the weather was on my side but I jumped back out into the city with a few friends.  We made our way into the cathedral which seemed to very popular this day. The architecture was amazing and the stained glass windows took my breath away.  The church pews were filled people enjoying the scenery of trying to get the spiritually healing for the week.  Church stairs were filled with tourist trying to get there perfect pictures. Next we made our way to the money museum. Here we got a chance to see currency from all around the world. This exhibition didn’t seem as popular however, it was very informative.  As the day quickly started growing closer to the evening, we made our way via metro back to the local shopping center to satisfy our shopping fix. This time I went down the outside strip. There was and overwhelming selection of stores including four H&Ms on the same strip. I saw many familiar stores that I would see in the U.S. such as Forever21, Zara and Mango. I also saw many I would never see in the U.S. I satisfied my shopping needs and then made my way back to the hostel. The night ended with a movie while I packed for the journey to Amsterdam.