Friday, August 3, 2012

June 14 2012


Day five in Belgium and I made my way out into city to begin my retail hunt.  I walked down to the city center and began to scope. The first store I came across was a small tie sop in the middle of the city center. There was one sales associate sitting behind a large counter. I gave her my introduction and asked for and interview and she politely accepted. The rest of the day was just as success.  I successfully was able to complete my hunt for interviews within a few hours. Other stores than I was able to infiltrate were Superdry which originated in England.  The clothing had a Ambercrombie and Fitch feel with a Japanese twist and it was a lot higher priced than I expected. The second store was named Geox and originated in Italy. Here I met  a young Belgian Dancer who used to dance for Chris Brown. Even though her English was very broken she was very friendly and gave me her number and facebook to show me all the hot spots in Brussels.  The last store was Cora Kemperman where the atmosphere was much more low key yet inviting. I learned of all the steps they were taking as a business to help save the environment.  After leaving the city center I made my way back to the hostel to meet our guest speaker.  Upon arrival I found that the guest was lost and would be late. Eventually he found his was and we all gathered in the classroom where we learned about the ins and outs of the shipping industry.  Following the guest speaker we made our way back out into the city for a class dinning out and dessert.  We ended up eating at a Turkish restaurant where I enjoyed some delicious Turkish chicken pizza. For dessert I had a chocolate Mouse cake while I laughed and talked among my class mates. The night ended among friends in the hostel bar.