Friday, August 3, 2012

June 11 Brussels


Today was the second day in Brussels. The day stared early with orientation followed by a visit to the American Embassy.  At the embassy we had a very informative brief from a representative of the department of commerce. I learned much about the role of the commercial department and their relationships with American companies and foreign connections.  I also discovered that the foreign diplomat was a Bay area just like me. This inspired me in some odd way to wonder if I could take my Marketing career to the limits that she had.  Following this educational and enlightening experience I made my way back to the Hostel for a class meeting and then some catch up on some unfinished work. I decided I would wait until the next day to start hustling for my interviews. Luckily today I didn’t have to go searching for my dinner because dinner and entertainment were provided.  The night consisted of Spaghetti in a cup (with rigatoni noodles), our drink of choice, and a few rock bands on the side. I played a few games of spades learned a new card game named Moron and met a few new people from around the globe.  The night turned out pretty good. Eventually I made my way to bed to get ready for what tomorrow had to bring.  Goodnight world.