Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 2: Rotterdam

Its Sunday and I've had a good day so far. . . of course, I started off with some breakfast which was actually lot better than it was in Brussels but I can't complain because it’s been quite an experience trying all types of different foods. . .while we were eating breakfast Dr. V had just came from running and told us to be ready for the Camera Race at 11:00 a.m. but then we convinced him to switch the time to 1:00 p.m. which gave us all enough time to lay back down for a quick nap. . . so after my nap, I got up around 12:30 to start getting ready for the Camera Race which was some adventure but at least we got to explore the city before we got the week started off just right. . . I took a lot of pictures of most of the buildings but my camera ended up going dead so I missed out on a couple of them but there were some terrific views. . . And I just love how they all speak English quite well because when we were in Brussels they didn't too much of that but could understand us somewhat. . .
I already like it here and I've only stayed here one night only and that's crazy but I feel that would be common for an American to come to another country where you've never been before. . . I got some used to walking the streets of Brussels and now I got to start all the way over with Rotterdam but that's fine like I said I am not complaining because a lot of people don't get opportunities like this unless they really reach for them you know but I would advise any other person to go for it. . Personally, I feel like it’s a once in a lifetime thing; you live each day as if you were dying tomorrow and that's life for you just as long as you living it right . . . oh by the way, the hostel is very nice and I thought the other one in Brussels was also; it's just that I got to get used to the bunk beds thing all over again. .brings back childhood memories ha. . As of right now, I'm not doing anything sitting downstairs in the Hostel fixing to start on some homework in a few. . . hope to have a great night also, after I finish up some of my homework and what not; cannot be a procrastinator throughout this trip. . . I know I'm here to enjoy myself but also, to gain more knowledge and learn something new on a daily basis without hesitation. . In a blessed mood, enough said, waiting patiently for tomorrow WHEN CLASS BEGINS. . .