Thursday, June 23, 2011


June 21, 2011

Day 2

Today started off just ok. When I woke up, I went to the front office to see if anyone had talked to the airport about my missing luggage. The man behind the desk was sympathetic, “No. I’m sorry.” So I began to worry even more because I didn’t know if this was going to be day two of no clothes. My roommates have been so nice to offer me jeans, t-shirts and whatever else I needed. Now it’s time for breakfast, which by the way was toast and cheese. Yea, I know what you’re thinking--all you had was toast and cheese? The answer would be yes. While every one finished up with their nourishing meals... ha. I went back to bed until it was time for class. Before class started, I went right back to the front desk to check in again and to my surprise I found out the airport located my bags! When I got the news, it was if someone told me I won lottery. Minutes later I went to my first class with new found enthusiasm, like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. The class wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be. I learned a lot more about marketing concepts and why businesses really strong marketing strategies to be successful. After class, we went over to the Parliament to hear a presentation by one of their spokesmen, Rok Zozelj who discussed the purpose and responsibility of the Parliament. I learned a lot from Mr. Zojelj, so I’d say it was a good experience outside the classroom. The only bad thing was we had to walk about an hour to get there and needless to say I was a little sleepy and tired. Ok, I might have crossed by eyes a few times and after two hours of sitting there, I realized I needed to move around, but our visit was over.

Dr. V. had more plans for us and taking a nap wasn’t part of the plan. ON his rather extensive list of things to do, a picture hunt! It was so hard, but fun at the same time, and seeing that people here don’t speak English that well and I don’t speak French, I’d say we were really challenged.

In the process of “hunting” for the pictures, I got really hungry. To my surprise we found a really good shake shop with a line of people waiting out the door and down the street. We ate, talked some more and began our trek back to our home away from home, which was only about 20 minutes away, Yeh, we got turned around a little following Dr. V. and we got kind of lost. I must say, overall it was a great day and no time to rest. I’m on my way out the door again, then I’m come back home and then to bed I go... hopefully. (LOL)