Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mundane things

Tuesday started off with a very loud thunder and a promise of rain. The plan was to double up the class if it rained. Contrary to what the weatherman said, the sun peeked at 1300 and we were off to the Port of Rotterdam. It was a 90 minute tour of the port with interesting, but rather basic commentary. The 180 minute tours start only in July, so we may have to time the trip differently next year.

Then, it was time to do the laundry. Since den Blaak location does not house washer and dryer, we had to find one. Of course, the nearest one was 20 minutes biking distance all across the town. I think that there are closer ones but I just didn't have time to look for one. Plus, this Waserrettee is very inexpensive - only 7 Euro for 7 kilos. It is full service, as well (meaning that they will fold it and iron it for us).

Finally, we went to the really old part of Rotterdam that survived the German bombing. The buildings were just like what you see in Amsterdam, even more beautiful. I just wonder what the city looked like before the WWII. I think that last year I saw a poster of an old Rotterdam, so I will try to find one tomorrow.