Monday, July 11, 2011

And it comes to an end.....


















Today is our last day in Amsterdam and of our European journey. The study abroad program has been great and I will be a little sad to see it go. I have learned so much in such a short time and jumping from city to city has been such an exciting and very memorable experience. Great laughs have gone on during this trip and this is most definitely an experience I will always remember. It's so funny how when your thrown into another country the learning seems to soak in so much deeper, your actually able to put your studies into action and see how they play out among a whole different culture of people. As a marketing major I have found this trip to be a major contributing factor to my overall college experience. Marketing is something that is universally used, and by just picking up on customer attractions and the different techniques businesses use I have learned a lot. It has really forced me to relate back to the way things are done in the states and recognize the differences and similarities between the two. I have really appreciated this experience and plan to make future trips out of the country again.


Yesterday we were able to get some video footage done about us speaking on the overall TnCIS program and how the experience has been. From various museums and speakers we have had some very full days along the way. Today we enjoyed our farewell breakfast which was really good; a so called English breakfast is what it was and I took full advantage. I don't think I've ever had so much hot chocolate in my life, so getting back to more of a variety of foods and drinks will be good. I have learned to cherish our portion size's and how much we can get out of our single dollar back in the states, so I don't think I'll have a problem jumping back into the swing of the American way. I am actually looking forward to the plane ride back to the states, it's been fun.