Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Today's Assignment

This morning I woke up on time to get ready for breakfast, the usual routine I guess you can say ha. . . After breakfast, I headed back to my room to start getting ready for class and I also laid out my clothes for the visit to the U.S Consulate General later on that day. . We headed to class around the same time, caught a tram and were on our way walking to the library. . . We covered two chapters today, pretty fast, go Dr. V, can't wait to see what our Final Exam got in store for us, I'm ready. . After class, we headed back to the Hostel to get our business casual attire on and left out around 1:30 p.m. headed to the U.S. Consulate General, which wasn't too bad of a walk but we did get rained on for a minute. . . Finally, we were welcomed by Mrs. Stephanie Fields, who led us to a conference room where her colleague, Mr. Juan Gamboa, introduced his self and also told us more about the U.S. Consulate General. . And it was extremely interesting learning more about the VISA process in this country. . After that visit, I headed back to the Hostel to relax and catch up on some more work. . . Dinner was good again tonight, thumbs up to the chefs here. . .

In today's assignment, we were to go to any store and pick 3 store brands compared to 3 national brands. I chose water, soup and coffee. And also, listed below is a magazine ad, an outdoor ad, and a newspaper ad. Not really understanding why we're doing such assignments but there's a meaning behind everything, I might have to use some of this knowledge and techniques in the near future.