Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time is winding down

Today we have the U.S Embassy tour and unlike the European Parliment that we had to walk miles to, I have learned to enjoy a good tram ride when you get one. But don't get me wrong my legs have become very accustomed to a good 5 mile walk or more on the daily.Yesterday a couple of us made it to the Anne Frank house, while it was a nice experience it wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. But at the same time I am still glad I went because if not I would have been mad at myslef that I came all the way to Amsterdam and didn't even go. Overall decent museum but wasn't worth 8.50 I feel, and definitely could have been put on our I love Amsterdam card as a free tour.


So to back track a little bit, I can't believe I forgot to blog about the accident we saw in Rotterdam. Take my word for it the bikes here are DANGEROUS, they will run you over and pedesirtions do not have the righter way! And cars here drive so fast, there can't be a speed limit because nobody in Europe abides by it.In Rotterdam kristin and I actually saw a bike get hit by a car; while it is really not funny, at the same time it was. That is of course when your not the person that it is happening to. They really just hit you and keep going, they might throw a sorry out the window...maybe not because nobody believes in manners, or they might help you up if they really feel bad. But at the end of the day its just like a little bump in the road, you get hit and you keep going lol. The European way.