Monday, July 11, 2011

Until Next Time.........

So this is my goodbye blog to Brussels, Rotterdam and Amsti (Amsterdam), but not to Europe. I am so thankful to have been given the chance to study abroad. Not many people in my life have left the United States besides those who were in the army. This trip has taught me so much academically and about life in general. The main thing I'm going to miss being able to sit down in the lobby and literally meet people from all hemispheres of the world. I met people from Germany to Australia to California to India and the list goes on. In some senses we are all the same and in some other senses we all are so different, but that is what makes the world spin. Through all the ups and downs and believe me  we had plenty, I would not change on part of this trip. My favorite city was Rotterdam. The staff at the StayOk there were so friendly. They really treated us as their guest and not just another person checking in. They were willing to help us out with any and everything. I loved Rotterdam because it was homey and just the right size. The people there for the most part were so friendly.I can definitely see myself returning. In my opinion the city with the best food was Brussels. Brussels gave me the European experience I came for as well. Rotterdam and Amsterdam were more Americanized than I preferred; Amsti more so than Rotterdam. Overall I more than enjoyed my time over here and I am inspired to see more of this beautiful world in the near future. I'm going to miss Europe but I will be back. I'll also miss the people who accompanied me throughout this journey. We all grabbed the bull by its horns and experienced all the cities had to offer us.
Until next time Europe...........