Saturday, July 6, 2019

Saturday in Amsterdam

Today was a free day for us so I was able to sleep in. No matter how early I go to bed, I’ve still been so sleepy this last two weeks. Earlier this week, we bought tickets to go to the Moco Museum. This was a modern art museum featuring Andy Warhol and other modern day artist. The main exhibition was for a street named Banksy. I had never heard his name before but I recognized some of his artwork. I enjoyed this museum a lot more than the Van Gogh museum from yesterday. Modern art is more appealing and I am familiar with artists like Andy Warhol from art classes I took in elementary and middle school. I was also able to put names to a lot of different pieces of work I’ve seen before. And we were able to take as many pictures as we wanted in this museum.

After our museum visit, we ate lunch from this food stand outside of the museum. The food looked and smelled good but it was honestly very disappointing. I ordered a simple hamburger because I figured that was something that would be impossible to mess up but sadly I was wrong. I didn’t like it  at all. The food over here takes some getting used to and after two weeks, I’m still not used to it. Hopefully dinner tonight at the hostel will be better be because I am starving.