Saturday, July 6, 2019

Van Gogh Museum

We went on a group excursion to the Vincent Van Gogh museum today. I didn’t know much about Van Gogh and his work before today so it was somewhat interesting. I’m not a huge fan of art museums, I prefer history, but it was still nice to be able to see the art of a world famous painter. After leaving the museum, we went in the city to go to a specific souvenir shop we found earlier this week. We’ve been to like four this week and this one was the cheapest so we wanted to go back to that one to get any last souvenirs. The store was near the mall so we to the tram over there and tried to retrace our steps. Eventually, we found it and we ate breakfast at a pancake house afterwards. The menu looked strange to us so we all ordered off the kids menu but once we received the food, we knew why. They weren’t pancakes but actually crepes. This was my first time trying a crepe and it was okay but I probably won’t try another one.

Tonight after dinner, we went on a river canal cruise. It was a nice experience to be able to see the city from a different perspective. Our boat captain was pretty funny and he made the trip even better. The tour guides we’ve had in Amsterdam are much better than the one we had in Berlin for the parliament visit. I was able to get a better look at the houseboats while on the river cruise and I think they are so amazing. I wouldn’t mind staying on one if I ever came back to Amsterdam.