Friday, July 19, 2019

Last day in Paris

Saturday was our last full day in Paris. Me and a few other people decided to go to the palace of Versailles. Versailles was about a hour away so we left out at 7:30. We took two trains to get there and we made it there a little before 8:30 but the palace didn’t open until 9 so we went to Starbucks first. I ordered this cookies and cream Frappuccino and it was good but I didn’t realize until after I started drinking it that it didn’t have any coffee in it, which was disappointing because I spent over 5 euros for it. A little after 9 we walked over to Versailles and the line was extremely long, we didn’t get in until 10:30. The palace was way bigger than i expected, I knew it would be big but I was still blown away. There were so many people out group kept getting split up and by the time we made it to the gardens, there were only 4 of us together.

The palace was beautiful but my favorite part was definitely the gardens. All the fountains and the flowers were amazing. The gardens were so big people were renting golf carts to ride through and we decided not to get one but we definitely regretted it afterwards. In total, we spent about 5 hours at Versailles, we could’ve stayed longer but I was tired and some of the other people in the group wanted to shop before the day was over. We stopped at this restaurant before getting on the train but i didn’t eat anything, nothing on the menu sounded appetizing to me. Once we got back to where we were staying, I went to this Italian restaurant right across the street and had pizza. That was the best pizza I ever ate and I was sad I didn’t discover it until our last day.