Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Day 2 Amsterdam

So what I’ve learned is that all Europeans like sandwiches for breakfast. Very disappointing. I decided to skip on breakfast today. Right after breakfast went on a VERY long walking tour, which was actually amazing. Our tour guide was amazing and kept the whole tour very fun. I now feel like I know more about Amsterdam’s history than I do America. He also threw in some facts about other countries as they related to Amsterdam. My favorite things that he talked about was first how the houses are not straight and that is because they messed up when building the city. Also, when he talked about how gay marriage was legalized in 2001 and they put the monument in front of a church. During pride month the church puts up huge pride flag to celebrate as well, which is something you don’t see everywhere. After the walking tour we went to get lunch and see about working on our projects. We ate lunch in a mall and it was very good. Today was very productive. I walked seven miles.