Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Climbing the Eiffel Tower

Thursday was a slow day in the beginning. Originally we planned on going to do some shopping but we weren’t able to. Thursday night we went on two group excursions. The first was a canal tour through Paris. The boat tours were one of my favorite activities in each city. The tour started and ended at the Eiffel Tower. We saw the Louvre, a few museums, and rode through some beautiful bridges. This boat was probably my favorite because it was large and we were able to sit on the top where it was open and take some great pictures. After the boat tour, we went to visit the Eiffel Tower but this was no regular visit. This time we went inside. The original plan was to walk up 700 stairs to the second floor but I did not make it that far. I walked up the 350 to the first floor and that was enough for me. I’m not a big fan of heights or climbing stairs. The view was beautiful though so I guess I can say it was worth it. The first floor has a restaurant, a gift shop, and some room where people could have events. We walked up there at the perfect time to be able to watch the sunset. And I came back down at the perfect time as well. I was able to see it from the outside when it started to sparkle.