Monday, July 1, 2019

Last Day in Berlin

Today is our last day in Berlin and I can’t believe it. This week has flown by and now its time to head to Amsterdam. The temperature today was a little over 100 degrees so we spent most of the day in the hostel. Today was our free day for the week so we didn’t have to get up early and go anywhere. I tried to sleep in but the sun rises so early and my bed is right by the window so I wasn’t able to sleep as long as I would like. I did skip breakfast though, I’m sick of the breakfast at the hostel. I spent the majority of my morning catching up on the work for the week. I wanted to try and get as much as possible done so I won’t have to worry about Berlin work while I’m in Amsterdam.

In the afternoon, some of the other students and I went to visit the East Side Gallery. The East Side Gallery is an area where part of the Berlin Wall is still up and artists had the opportunity to paint whatever they wanted on it. It was nice to see the different art styles of each the artists. The East Side Gallery is near a few restaurants and a “beach”. It was nice to be able to see another part of Berlin and to experience more of their history before we left.