Friday, July 19, 2019

Traveling back home

Sunday was our final traveling day and I was excited to be heading home but also I was a little sad to be leaving. I’ve been to a lot of different places in the US but this was my first time out the country and it was amazing. I had so much fun, saw many great things, and met some great people. But after a long 3 weeks, I couldn’t wait to get home. Our flights back were the same as our flights coming but this time we had very short layovers. We had to run through the Chicago airport just to get to the bus to take us across the terminal on time. Even though I disliked the long flights, this trip was an amazing experience and I’m grateful I got the chance to go. There was a lot of walking involved and my feet hated walking on those cobblestones, so for anybody deciding to sign up for this program next year please bring comfy shoes and don’t buy new shoes like I did or you’ll end up with blisters trying to break them in in Europe. Also, pack extremely light. If you feel like you didn’t pack that much stuff and you need everything that’s in your suitcase, take some stuff out and repack it lol. Trust me you don’t need all those extra outfits or you’ll end up bringing back a lot of unworn clothes and you need space for any new stuff you buy. I will say this though, if you can fit them, I recommend bringing a towel and wash cloths with you if you have space so you don’t have to buy one when you get there. It feels great to finally be home and back to my normal life but these last three weeks were an experience I’ll never forget.