Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Paris Day 1

Yesterday was travel day!! With my terrible luck of course I was put in the group to travel at 6 am. I woke up bright and early at 5:30 to get ready and make sure i had all of my stuff. When we got to the train station we had some time to get breakfast. I decided to play it safe and get Starbucks. At 6 am you would think everything would calm and quiet. Ha wrong!! This man decided to cause a scene and mess with the cashier. I honestly don’t think he was in his right mind and he almost made me late back to our meeting point. I would to think that the train ride was very scenic, but I was sleep the whole time so I have no idea. When we finally got to Paris, we had to sit in the train station for hours waiting on group 2. While waiting, I decided to get Five Guys, which was over-overpriced because Five Guys at home is already overpriced. Dr. V and group 2 finally arrived and he taught us how to take the train.

Walking into our dorm, the first thing we noticed was that the second bed was a rollaway bed. Skylar and I flipped a coin to see who got the actually bed, I won! Our room for some reason came with three desks so we had to do some rearranging. We eventually called it quits and just settled for how we had it. Dr.V took everyone to grocery store since the cheapest was to eat here is to cook. The grocery store was a little rough considering I didn’t know what anything meant. After the grocery store, we a had a brief orientation. We decided not go anywhere that night because we knew we had a long day ahead of us (spoiler alert: we were right, today was tiring).