Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Berlin Day 17 of 21

Berlin Day 17 of 21

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Today is Tuesday and I awoke to a breeze sent from heaven. The sky was blue and birds were singing, not to mention flies were buzzing around too. We have traveled to three different countries and Germany is the only one that I’ve seen flies. My thoughts on this matter is the flies are getting us ready for home as America has flies and they are searching for a cool spot in our homes.
There is an old adage that says home is where the heart is; it is true. My heart is in Tennessee. I have endured long hot days filled with train rides, bicycle riding, transferring trams, and oh so much more. I think that I have been doing a pretty good job keeping up with these young people. I am old enough to be most of their mother I am on the countdown of when I can spend my days with my sweetie. I am looking forward to riding in my car with air conditioning and music that I can understand.

Anyway, back to my day in Berlin. I along with the other Independent Studies students have been all over this beautiful city. It is hard for me to believe that 25 years ago this city was divided and filled with such hatred that people from one side of town could not see or touch the people on the other side of town. As we walked through the streets of this city I continue to see reminders that this was once a divided city.  I have seen different parts of the Berlin Wall; some of which looks as if it will stand forever. I have seen the exposed rebar that once held the Berlin Wall in place, and finally today I saw this sign that says it all and by the looks of it; this sign is on a piece of the Berlin Wall too. If we all take heed to signs and obey the rules the world would be a much better place. A smile and being nice to someone is a free way to spread love and peace throughout the world. I am doing my part and I hope you are too. Who are you? You, my reader.