Thursday, July 10, 2014

Paris Adventure Day 5 of 7

July 10, 2014

Guess what? Today, it's raining again!  It is okay because I was told by my professor that I blended in well here and looked like a Parisian. Great compliment, I think. I have been on the subway moving from station to station and district to district in this grand ole city, Paris. 
Today I want to reflect on one thing: Amour/Love. In this life we all strive to find peace, joy, happiness, success, but without someone to love what good is it. I Want To Be Successful is the name of a song by Drake that list material things that he is in search for, yet he never mentions love.
In Paris I think of amour/love a great deal. This city exudes romance through its advertising and reputation. Let’s take a glance through history:
The war led so many American soldiers to Paris and while they were here they purchased a fragrance, Chanel No. 5, in such abundance that it is a true representative of romance and love. I visited Marionnaud, a perfume store, today and the Chanel representative, Teuta, informed me that one of the reasons Chanel is the top selling perfume in the world is because of Marilyn Monroe. Ms. Monroe also exudes sex, romance, and love. There are people who will never see Paris with their own eyes, yet they can live vicariously through the eyes of all of the visitors who come here to see for themselves what this thing called love is and why does Paris bring it out in us.
My fellow classmates and I had lunch today and after a delicious meal I noticed a gentleman dressed in a tuxedo and a young woman dressed in a wedding gown. He was smiling from ear to ear and so was she. Today they begin a lifetime of love together. I remember my wedding day. I did not think I would ever love my husband any more than that because I was madly in love with him that day. Needless to say, that amour/love has been growing by leaps and bounds every day for more than 29 years.
Amour/Love is a splendid thing that I wish for everyone who wants it. To the young couple who exchanged vows today. I pray that the life you have commenced today last forever.
Amour/Love when it’s easy
Amour/Love when it gets hard
Amour/Love at all times