Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 5---Paris

July 10, 2014
            I was so sad last night because Netherlands didn’t win the semi-final. What a pity!!!
            Back to today. We went to a counterfeit museum in the morning. I had seen a lot of counterfeit products when I was in China. But this museum still shocks me. There are so many things that I never see before such as fake medicines. There is a story.  When I was a high school student, my friends buy a pair of Nike basketball shoes. The merchant sold him a real shoe and a fake shoe. He let my friend try the real one. When my friend bought it, the merchant put the fake one in the box. I just want to anyone who is watching this blog know the way that how merchant cheat costumers and be sure to try the both shoes.
            In the afternoon, I went to the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and Arc de triomphe. I saw them in the movies and books before. I heard that it is the last stage of the Tour de France has finished on the Champs-Élysées since 1975, with riders typically making six to eight circuits back and forth on the avenue, with a furious final sprint. The subsequent awards ceremony also takes place directly on the Avenue. About the arc de triomphe, it is one of the most influential and distinctive types of architecture associated with ancient Rome and was used to commemorate victorious generals or significant public events such as the founding of new colonies, the construction of a road or bridge, the death of a member of the imperial family or the accession of a new emperor.
            Tomorrow we are going to see a fashion show. As the capital city of fashion, there are so many fashion shows in July. But I have never seen a fashion show before. I am really looking forwards to it.