Monday, July 7, 2014

Paris Adventure: Day 1

Good morning! Well it was a great morning on July 5, 2014. I woke up feeling great and sad all at the same time. I was about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime headed to the three great European Capitals: Paris, France, Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and Berlin, Germany. As you can tell that was the great feeling. Now for the sad part. I was leaving my wonderful husband Ron at home.
To many people this trip is about getting away from people, but to me it's about learning about being enlightened about a new culture that I have never experienced before.
Paris, France by way of Atlanta, Georgia. I am so grateful to God that I have the opportunity to learn about new things instead of always recycling the old information that I already know. A wise person once said that the more you know, the more you grow. The Paris leg of this adventure is the beginning of a fantastic journey that will span across Europe. I look forward to learning more about the people who I am traveling with as well as learning about the people of Paris.
The flight from Nashville to Atlanta was uneventful and a standard flight. Once we arrived in Atlanta I had the opportunity to speak with the other TNCIS students who would be traveling with me to Europe. I tried to do my best to meet and greet everyone in our group. I am terrible with names, but I don't forget a face.
Dee was the first person who actually talked to me with genuine emotion. I talked with two sisters that I have yet to master their names; however, I did speak with their mother and she was nice as well. Before I go any further, everyone was very nice and cordial. I met Hannah again and somehow I knew I would be rooming with her. As a matter of fact I knew this from the first orientation at Columbia State University. Hannah was nice then and is still just as nice now. Jessica, the comedian of our group, is from Memphis, Tennessee and she is hilarious. I met Brad and Kevin who arrived super early at the airport. Lizzie, Michael, the three professors, Ms. Davis, Dr. Northcut, and Dr. Shanklin were all present and accounted for at the Nashville International Airport. I asked several other ladies and gentlemen what their names were and from memory I recall Megan, Melissa, Charity, Emily and others but their names took flight as soon as they gave them to me. I said before, I never forget a face, but a name...
Finally for this first day headed on this wonderful adventure, there is one name that I will never forget...Ronald Henry, the man of my dreams, the father of my children, and my dearest friend. I love him!