Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 2---Paris

July 7, 2014

It is a tired but amazing day for me. Today all of our four marketing students went on a three-hour walking tour. Our tour guide Nancy is a really passion tour guide. I had joined some tours before. The guides just repeated what they said million of times ago, which made me feel so boring. But Nancy is out of their team. She has so many energy and tell you what is this buildings, what is the history about the museums, even told us how does thieves cheat you money.  During our tour, there is a girl let a man from our group to sign something, Nancy just stop this and tell that man she is a cheater want to cheat your money. Back to the buildings and museums, the Louvre Museum gave me the deepest impression. In 1190, a rampart was built around Paris, which was Europe’s biggest city at the time. To protect the capital from the Anglo-Norman threat, the king decided to reinforce its defenses with a fortress, which came to be known as the Louvre. It was built to the west of the city, on the banks of the Seine. After more than two centuries as a royal palace, the Louvre is opened as a public museum in Paris by the French revolutionary government. Today, the Louvre's collection is one of the richest in the world, with artwork and artifacts representative of 11,000 years of human civilization and culture. It’s a pity that I can’t get in there today because we have to move to the next spot. I hope I can back to see the inside of the Louvre Museum before I leave Paris. It definitely an amazing experience in my whole life.