Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Last Day of Study Abroad 2014 Day 21 of 21

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Last Day of Study Abroad 2014 Day 21 of 21

Today is the last day of Study Abroad. Today is a great day! There is no alarm clock needed to wake us up. I can but imagine what is going on in all of the other rooms, but I will tell you about our room. I have been packed for days. The other five ladies in room 103 have either clothing on the beds or toiletries that need to be added to their luggage. One particular lady has a bomb of a mess lying on the floor that somehow she magically packed in two bags and she was ready to go just in time.
Everyone comes down to the lobby of Baxpax Hostel one by one; some still having their bags weighed to ensure they will not be over the 50 pound weight limit. Others are ready for departure but not willing to walk the street to the train station. Surprise! We have taxis arriving at 8:15 am to take us to the airport. After three weeks of hustling and bustling to and from train stations in three different countries it is really nice to get a ride to the airport. Mercedes Benz taxis arrive and actually help us load our suitcases. I love it!
Off to the airport we go. Four Mercedes Benz taxis travel through the streets of Berlin getting us to the airport. We ran red lights, listened to music, and rode in air conditioning. None of this mattered as long as we made it to the airport on time. I want everyone who reads this to know that this adventure was marvelous. I have been in three countries that are very different and very similar to my own; I enjoyed them all. They are different because of location and culture; yet they are similar in that the residents want the same things as Americans. They want to live their lives to the fullest and be all that they can be. No matter what, I am glad to be headed home to America.

Berlin to Amsterdam; Amsterdam to Atlanta; Atlanta to Nashville is the route we take to get home. I just want all of you to know that no matter where you go in life, no matter who all you meet, and no matter how long you stay away; for me: there is no place like home, no one like my husband and family, and three weeks was just enough time to make me appreciate everything the Lord has given me.