Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Dublin Day 3 6/21/16

This morning the group had Dublin orientation. It lasted about an hour and made me really excited for this week! After that we split up into classes. My Professor, Dr. V, went over the syllabus and talked about his expectations for the course. I was still so tired and it just sounded like too much to handle. I thought I wanted to switch but felt the support of my two friend Macy and Courtney. I also realized that doing research abroad would help develop me as a businesswoman and professional. This course will help me grow as a person, so I am in it for the long haul :) challenge yourself.
Later, Courtney, Macy and I headed into the city. We were headed to Brown Thomas but made a pit stop into Lush because it would be a great place for my marketing research over cosmetics. We ended up meeting an awesome woman, Aoife (pronounced Efa), who took us for tour around the store. The prices are so much cheaper in Europe and the pot size is twice the size!! Now, it is time for real shopping in Brown Thomas. I saw the whole store was having a sale and couldn't believe it!! Then the mission was finding the Christian Louboutin boutique to try on heels. After lots of prancing around the boutique, I got a caged gold heel and a t-strap light gray heel, dream come true!! The only logical thing to do about buying red bottom heels is to eat macrons at Laduree, so that is what I did. It was a nice rest from shopping before I picked out a couple Pandora charms for my travel bracelet. The night ended at a local pub called Davey Byrnes. I had a traditional Irish stew that I paired with apple cider!! Great way to end the night and hang with locals.