Thursday, June 30, 2016

London Day 5

This morning on our way to Bank of England, there was an announcement on the underground saying to evacuate for some kind of emergency. Of course I was panicked in my head but I tried to stay calm. I was worried before because of an attack in Turkey a few days ago, so this kind of set me over the edge. I was very anxious all day after that. But we did finally make it to Bank of England, a little late. But we watched a video on how the pound was originally backed by gold and a bank note was the promise that it was worth that much. I thought it was an interesting video because I have always wondered how banks work. I would rather the video not have been so geared toward kids, because I felt a little like a kindergartener, but I guess it got the job done.

We went to the boro Chelsea to work on our project and found a grocery store, tourist attraction, hotel, and architecture. It felt different than the more touristy parts of London, but this area was very residential so it was expected. Someone asked us for a recommendation on where to go shopping, and then asked us directions on how to get there. So I guess you could say that we're basically locals at this point. We hit a few stores on Oxford street, ate dinner on campus, and of course we had to go back to Harrods. It's for the research.