Monday, June 18, 2012

June 14

In three attempts to go to the hop on hop off tour I was utterly defeated by my own ignorance and failure to take directions properly. And everyone else in my little group was out on a class trip to a different city, so I was by myself most of the day. When we had our guest speaker Roger talking about the shipping ports all over the world. That was interesting to hear first-hand experience instead of reading about how it works. He definitely knew his job inside and out. Also we were treated to dinner by our professor tonight, he took us north to the middle Eastern part of the city. That was much different than the downtown part of Brussels, much less touristy. I had the chicken plate and a tara masuse for dessert. When we came back to the hostel I managed to get an interview with one of the hostel workers, Jeoffrey.