Friday, June 15, 2012

Wednesday June 13th: Interview, Lead, and catching up on work.

Work, work, work, that's all I do! Well, today that's true anyway. I managed to land an interview, get a strong lead that I'm going to follow up on tomorrow and catch up on some work. I posted a comment on Facebook about how all I do is work and was immediately met with some animosity because I'm sitting in Brussels. Why don't they understand that work is work even when you're sitting in a beautiful cafe in the middle of the Grand Market? Suckers! On a serious note though, I did get a lot done today.
My first interview was with a small company that operates tours within the city limits of Brussels only. I found out that the Belgian government manages most of the tour companies in order to drive tourism dollars and GDP. There are still private companies but the big dogs in the game seem to be managed by the government. Tomorrow I'm going to follow up on a lead I received today for a bigger fish in the travel and tourism industry. Unfortunately every other travel company seems to be just plain old travel agents and who wants to talk to them? Not me!
As always my evening was taken up by reading, some work, and lots of pictures! Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words and I need to sleep well tonight because I have a full day tomorrow!