Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunday June 3rd: First Day in Paris

There's nothing like 18 hours of combined travel to make you really appreciate a destination. Upon arrival to Paris, despite being tired, our entire group was very excited and anxious to start exploring. Everyone seemed to be very willing to help each other and the pairing off and adventuring began right away. It was refreshing to see everyone come together so quickly. Paris is a beautiful city and although I have been here before I am just as excited to see the sights as I was the first time. We didn't have a lot of time to explore Sunday evening but I spent a few hours getting familiar with the neighborhood and enjoying a glass of wine. We are staying in North Paris at Rue Caulincourt. The neighborhood is extremely accommodating and everything you need is only a few blocks walk. I'm looking forward to venturing out over the next few days and getting reacquainted with Paris. Due to the short day, there isn't much more to report than this but I'm sure the days to come will be filled with exciting adventures.