Wednesday, June 13, 2012

june 13 2012 Belgium

Today was the fourth day in Belgium and so far im still enjoying the relitively laid back atmosphere of the city. My day started off with a pre scheduled 10:30 am appointment with the store manager of a local retail store Calzedonia.  Upon my arrival at the store I was actually happily gretted by two interviewees. I recieved a lot of good information from them and found out that they actually originated in Italy.  The General manager had jsut flew in from the headquarters in Italy this morning to open a new store in Brussels.  Following this I had just enough time to make it back to the hostel in time to go to the chocolate factory. The chocolate factory was actually much more of an educational experience than I expected. The sample of hot chocolate was amazing and the demostrator was very informative and hospitable (This was an obvious difference from the French). After the chocolate factory I made my way back into the city to get some more interviews.  I was able to get one actual interview and schedule a few appointments. Before I left the central area I stopped at quick then made my way back to the hostel to catch up on some work.