Monday, June 18, 2012

June 16

The train ride to Amsterdam was much different than the Thally’s train ride. With multiple stops and multiple people sitting next to me I had an interesting trip to say the least. I had the company of an elderly British lady, a young lady studying fashion and a man who listened to his music really loudly. But when we finally did arrive in Amsterdam, my breath was taken away. This city is so beautiful! It also helped that it was the first time in nearly a week where I could see the blue skies in Europe. The main difference between this city and the other two is that almost all of the transportation is above ground. This causes the city to be a lot more crowded than I’m used to. Paris and Brussels both had popular metro systems that were underground and that kept the streets generally easy to navigate by foot. But this city has bikes, trams, cars and pedestrian lanes all crossing over one another. I can tell that I’m going to have fun navigating this.