Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 10: Company visit

Today started off extremely bright and early. I think my class were the very first people in line for breakfast this morning, which was necessary because we had somewhere to be at 8 A.M. We visited a company called Reed which is in program with a larger company RELX, and listened to their marketing manager Linda Van De Wel. She provided us with an excellent presentation, I truly felt like a coworker or someone of importance participating in a real business meeting. She had provided us with coffee, water, and cookies, which of course we took full advantage of; after all we are broke college students. After her presentation she gave us a tour of the building, even taking us to floors she has actually never even been to. We were in search of the best view the building could provide so we could snap some photos of the Amsterdam Harbor. After the company visit we hopped back on the tram and headed back to the hostel, however once we got off the tram Sara and I decided the cat café sounded too interesting to pass up.Turns out you need reservations in order to enter, so now we had an appointment for 2:30 on Friday, I know she will enjoy it enough to be worth it. Afterwards we headed back to the hostel, eager for a nap, however the shops just a few blocks from the hostel stopped me dead in my tracks. After dinner I came down to the lobby to finish up my assignments for the day. I’m waiting for it to get dark so I can go experience the red light district at night. I’m not sure what to expect but I’m eager to find out.