Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 5 (Heat Wave)-Paris


Oh. My. Goodness. Can you say heat wave?! Today was the hottest day ever in Paris. Temperatures scorched at 102 degrees. After our class visit to the Counterfeit Museum, which was actually very cool, my body couldn’t hold up. I had to sit down and regroup in order not to fall out! Sadly this was the only attraction that I was able to enjoy today, but it was very informal and taught me some great tips on out to spot phony brand named products!
 I decided that a nice nap would help me to feel better before it was time to go interview searching. When I woke up, I felt like the room had gotten even hotter than before! But, I filled up my water bottle, grabbed a towel, and attempted to go on with my planned schedule of events. By the time we made it to the metro to catch the train, I knew that I shouldn’t have gotten out of that bed. I felt horrible! Not only that, but we got lost, and couldn’t find our way to the companies that we planned to visit. We had no choice but to turn around and go back home, but I definitely was not complaining about that.  I started to feel very nauseated and dizzy. It was so bad that I had to lie on the floor and hold a cold towel over my face! Luckily, I did start to feel better later in the evening. I was finally able to get some food in my system! It may not have been the healthiest of food options, but at the time it didn’t matter one bit! Now, I’m feeling fantastic! It’s a bummer, because I had on the cutest outfit today! I couldn’t even focus enough to snap a picture. Well, I guess I will use this time to do some organizing and some good hard work on my class project! Hoping for cooler days in the future.