Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 6: Saving the best for last

Today was the day I have been waiting for since the day I paid my fees and confirmed that I was going to Paris. I visited the catacombs and also saw a show at the Moulin Rouge. The catacombs were everything that I was hoping for, including the line, which was only two and a half hours long; rather than the five-hour wait I was afraid it might be.They had a path pretty strictly guided and had all other tunnels blocked off by iron gates, which is a blessing in disguise for me because curiosity would have killed the cat on that adventure. I am too curious and adventurous, I would have probably gotten lost down there never to resurface had I went on my own. So many of the skulls had missing chunks and it just made my mind wonder so much, is this the cause of death or has time taken over these bones and that’s just how they have degraded? Once we were finished with the tour it was a long climb up several stairs back to the surface streets.At this point I had worked up a sweat and it was time to go back to the hostel and clean up, I had a show to get ready for! The Moulin Rouge was absolutely breath taking. I have been to two Las Vegas Circus De Soleil shows and yet the acrobats tonight completely blew my mind. The part that I will remember forever is the performance with the boa constrictors. That’s right, I said boa constrictors, as in snakes huge long and extra scary snakes. This girl just dove right in the pool with six of them and was just twirling around and dancing with them and wrapping them around her, it blew my mind. The snakes were just swimming around trying to swim up the edge of the glass; I was ready to run the very second one started to slither out of that pool. Today really was the icing on the cake for me, my Paris trip is completely made.